“All Together” Community Fun Day w Hounslow
On Saturday, September 4, in Lampton Park, another family festival organized by the Polish Klan Association took place in London’s Hounslow district. This year’s event called “ALL TOGETHER” COMMUNITY FUN DAY was addressed to people of different nationalities living in the immediate vicinity. It was an unusual opportunity to bring different communities together, integrate and build local social cohesion.
During the event, which was hosted in Polish and English by Joanna Figlak – Włoka, PRL Radio Presenter and Nick van Kukaj, DJ / Music producer, there were a lot of games, entertainment and sports attractions for both children and adults, including.:
● Slavic fashion show (prepared by Dorota Glapinska, the owner of the Unique Dress Queen)
● Local Talent Show, in which each participant got a medal, diploma and gift
● Giant bubble show by BubbleMania / Mike Foston
● Magician’s performance – Ziutini
● Poetic performance – Agnieszka Kuchnia – Wołosiewicz
● Chess tournament
● Rides for children on donkeys
● Nutritional consultations (Justyna Body MindCoach – Justyna Wylegała)
● “Magic Tree Hounslow” competition organized by the Polish School of. John Paul II in Feltham and 4 winners chose Mayor of Hounslow Clr Bishnu Gurung and MP Ruth Cadbury.
● Sports activities organized by the Brentford Community Trust, OHM Sport & Fitness and Magic Football Academy
● Giant Jimmys FunFairs
● Live music performed by the bands Rewers, Polanie, WOT and finally very vivid rhythms of techno music performed by Dj/Music Producer Nick van Kukaj.
That day we also celebrated the National Reading Day announced by the President of the Republic of Poland. Courtesy of Mrs Monika Baymert, teacher of the Polish School of Homelands. Helena Modrzejewska and friends could listen to selected fragments of G. Zapolska’s book “Morality of Mrs Dulska”.
The event was also honoured by guests: Mayor Borough of Hounslow Clr Bishnu Gurung, MP Ruth Cadbury, Consul Radosław Gromski, representatives of the folk groups Żywiec and Tatry.
As part of the festival, there was also a memorial run honouring the soldiers with the “Wolf Track – for Cursed Soldiers”, in which both children and adults participated.
You could buy delicious food, ice cream and drink beer on site.
Admission was free thanks to the sponsors of the London Borough of Hounslow, the Polish Embassy in London, the Inspire Hounslow organization, the Kujawiak chain of stores, Ant BM Mrowka, B&K Environmental Services LTD and Precise Protect insurance. We have heard lots of positive comments about the festival and people really enjoyed the time in the park.
The Polish Klan Association would also like to thank media patrons such as londonek.net, Woman in the World, Polish Radio London, Cooltura, Polish Advertisement, Polonia24, Tvp Polonia, British Poles, Luxury Splash of Art and all great exhibitors.
We would also like to thank all the great artists who took part in the talent show:
- Tosia Pawlak
- Alicja Wietrzycka
- Bollywood Dancers: Sophia Sood & Rhia Fernandes
- Kalinka Dance School: Nina Fydrych & Annabell Lysak & Nicole Vrapi
- Eryk Prentygast
- Akshaya Pednekar
- Just Dance Group founded by Sara Rosada performed by: Julia Rydelin, Matylda Katarzyńska, Maja Adamczyk, Ada Kardyś, Emilia Sokołowska, Pola Czapska, Vivien Lizak, Wiktoria Soch
- Marcel Mamiński
The event would not take place if it did not help fantastic volunteers: Katarzyna Wilcz, Dorota Haddad, Ania Pawlos, Ewa Karkoszka, Sylwia Szczepańczyk, Agnieszka Witkowska, Barbara Skrzypek, Elvira Tokaruk, Justyna Lipniak, Magda Talalaj, Irena Talarek, Nikola Woszczek, Andrew Woszczek, Monika Dabrowska, Wiktoria Dabrowska, Zofia Darowska, Arezki Haddad, Andrzej Oryszewski, Jakub Witos, Marcin Dejneka, Kamil Markowiak, Pawel Lorenc, Matthew, Tomasz – Gold Hand and Tomasz oraz photographers Tomasz Pyc , Wojciech Chabowski & Lukasz Dabrowski Photography.
Great Security Officers: Jacek Gorski, Krzysztof Wargin, Adam Apolinarski, Gene Ameta, Dariusz Bernatek, Piotr Zawadzki
We also thank all of you who visited us and played with us. We invite you to other events!!!
Link to event on Facebook: